A games, interactive and VR/AR studio north of London is on the lookout for a Junior - Mid Level Lighting Artist to join them.
They are ramping up production in a big way, and typically work on a new project every 8 weeks, so you wouldn't be getting bored on a long dev cycle.
Anyone with experience in lighting with real time engines would fit in well for this role.
• Lighting game scenes to match the art direction and technical restrictions
• Use lighting to help convey emotional experiences
• Effective use of colour, light and mood for storytelling
• Working closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
• Collaborating with other disciplines such as 3D modelers and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create great AAA game experiences.
At least 1 year of experience as a lighting artist or equivalent role
• In-depth understanding and practical experience of lighting in either real-time gaming engines or in high-end CGI productions
• A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to work with both realistic and stylised lighting/visual styles
• An excellent understanding of composition and colour theory
Joe is our Animation and VFX Consultant, his passion for the latter springing from being blown away by the effects in Star Wars at a young age. His love hasn’t wavered and Joe always seems to bring out a new Star Wars t shirt every dress down we have! We are lucky to have him considering that he once got stuck half way up a mountain in Borneo so now he goes for flatter holidays – most recently driving across America in a Mustang.